Connect with Pratik on social media:
PRATIK PRAKASH SHINDE
BORN: JANUARY 15, 1995, MUMBAI
HEIGHT: 1.7 M (5'7")
WEIGHT: 62 KG (136 LBS)
CURRENT TEAM: FREE AGENT
KIT NUMBER: 7
- Youngest player to sign with an Indian Super League club at age 19.
- Youngest Indian to be offered a contract by a foreign club at age 15.
- Participated in the 2010 Gothia World Youth Cup in Sweden. His goal against a German team invited international attention.
Pratik Shinde was born in Chembur, Mumbai. He was brought up in the slum areas of Chembur where he started playing soccer at 7 years old. At the age of 11, he took the first step into his professional career by learning the basics of football at the Krenke Football Academy. He continued his development at the Andheri Football Academy and was later selected to the U-14 team that represented India at the world-renowned Gothia Cup in Sweden.
Pratik's performance at the 2010 Gothia Cup earned him a contract with USA side Galveston Pirate SC, making him the youngest Indian to be offered a contract by a foreign club (age 15). During the 2012 season, he helped the Pirates capture the division championship. He would then relocate with the team to Houston, the fourth-largest city in the United States, as the Pirates were incorporated into the revived Houston Hurricanes FC franchise.
In 2014, Pratik returned to India to take part in the inaugural season of the Indian Super League. He was drafted by FC Pune City to partner alongside FIFA World Cup champion and UEFA Euro winner David Trezeguet.
- 2013 Texas Premier Soccer League Runner-up (Houston Hurricanes FC)
- 2012 NPSL South Central Division Champion (Galveston Pirate SC)
- 2011 Andheri Football Academy Player of the Year
- 2010 Andheri Football Academy International Goal of the Year
- 2010 Gothia World Youth Cup participant
- 2010 Jupiter Sports Club Fans Player of the Year
- 2009 Kenkre F.C. Youth Player of the Year